Saturday, March 8, 2008

Bold Predicitons

I thought I would share my crazy predictions for the BYU Men's basketball team for the remainder of the year. If at any time they exceed my predictions, I retain the right to make new predictions at that time.

Tonight is the last regular season game for BYU. They play TCU on the road. To some this is a trap game. BYU has already won the outright conference championship, is ranked 24th in the nation, and has almost assuredly clinched a spot in the NCAA tournament. I predict BYU beats TCU 73-59.

The Mountain West Conference Tournament kicks off in Las Vegas next wed. with the 8,9 play in game. The winner of that takes on BYU. The most likely opponent is Wyoming. I predict BYU rolls in the first 2 rounds of tournament play. From there I think they will face either New Mexico of UNLV, which I predict they will lose a close game.

Due to another year of regular season MWC champions, and another year losing in the MWC tourney championship game, I predict a 9 seed for BYU in the NCAA tournament. I also will go on the record as saying that BYU will win its first game in the NCAA tournament in 15 years. After that, they will lose in the second round in a close game. This of course will depend on the bracket they fall into, and the match-ups, but at least a second round showing will be improvement. This will propel them into next season in which the entire core of their team is back. Trent Plaisted (if he does the right thing and stays one more year), Lee Cummard, and a host of young talent.

Let me know if you think I am wrong, but I rarely am!!

-Hmrun3

1 comment:

Mark said...

I think the Cougs will get another terrible seed if they don't make it to the conference championship game. It seems as if they also get a bad seed every year due to the no Sunday play rule. If BYU goes East of the Mississippi river in the first round of the NCAA I think they lose. I think location is more important than who they draw in the first round.